BVL’s Ambassadors are our voices in the field, representing BVL at meetings, jamborees, conventions, and other special events. BVL Ambassadors help tell the veterans’ stories while promoting the good works that BVL does to fund recreation therapy.
Meet BVL’s Ambassadors
BVL Ambassador, Dennis Brummitt, visits with a U.S. veteran at a BVL fundraising event.
Hear from our Ambassadors
“BVL allows me the opportunity to give back to our veterans – family and friends who have given so much for us all.”
“I became a BVL Ambassador because I love working with bowlers to help our Veterans. It’s a win-win for all!”
Do you want to be a BVL Ambassador?
BVL’s ambassadors represent The Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL) at meetings, jamborees, conventions, etc. promoting the good works that BVL does for veterans and active duty military. Our ambassadors report to the Executive Director, Mary Harrar.
Title: BVL Ambassador
Reports To: Executive Director (Mary Harrar)
Role Overview: To represent The Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL) at meetings, jamborees, conventions, etc. promoting the good works that BVL does for veterans and active duty military.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Travel to USBC meetings and/or events with the purpose of increasing awareness of BVL in the bowling community, and with other groups as requested.
- Speak to attendees at meetings and events to increase awareness of currently available programs for fundraising.
- Speak to attendees at meetings and events discussing the benefits of reporting fundraising to BVL national and remitting funds raised to BVL national.
- Distribute materials as requested.
- Must have an affinity to veterans and veteran’s causes.
- Must have basic knowledge of BVL.
- Must have participated in fundraising for BVL.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Must have driver’s license, own transportation and automobile insurance.
Are you interested in a BVL Ambassador assisting with your event?
BVL Ambassadors are a great addition to your state meetings, workshops, jamborees, or other events – providing insight about BVL’s role in supporting veterans and how your organization can work with BVL to make a difference for veterans in your local area or throughout the U.S.
Depending on your needs, a presentation is available as well as brochures, and sample documents and promotional materials to assist attendees with their fundraising opportunities. BVL Ambassadors are well-versed in the programs championed by BVL and how these initiatives are supported in VA Centers, VA Homes and other veteran-based programming.